Thursday, November 20, 2008

No Dress!

So, I saw the OB the other day and things still seem to be going just fine. The baby went through a big growth spurt over the last month and is measuring big for how far along I am now. Last month she was measuring a little small. I sure can tell she's bigger and stronger now. I now get to deal with heartburn and it's no longer comfortable to bend over. Plus, her kicks and punches keep me up wen I lay down for a nap or bedtime.
Speaking of bedtime, Gwen has decided to exercise her two-year-old-ness and won't get dressed in the morning. Twice this week, I've had to take her to the gym still in her jammies. At least they're cute jammies.

She how proud she is that she got away with wearing her nightgown and tights all day long? Lately, I've learned the benefit of bribery. She can have a fruit snack if she lets me put pants on her and a sticker if she lets me put a shirt on her. She'll usually put her shoes and socks on by herself if we have a "race" to get them on. Isn't it great how toddlers can encourage creativity?I have been picking up extra shifts to help with Christmas money the last month, so when I had an extra day off this week, Gwen and I took advantage of the super nice weather and went to Wheeler Farm. We had to bring Gonzo and Elmo in the stroller of course because we can't go anywhere without them these days.For some reason they have a ton of baby animals out right now. They have these two foals, a bunch of baby pigs, and a baby cow. There weren't these many babies in the spring. Gwen had come with me to the OB visit and we spent a lot of time talking about our baby - I'm not sure she really gets it, but she's getting closer. She now makes "whooshing" noises randomly through the day (that's what the ultrasound of the baby's heart beat sounds like) and will say "baby whoosh."Gwen's a bit of a chicken when it comes to climbing things, something I'm completely okay with. She wanted help to climb up in the tree house, but then another little boy showed up and she watched how he quickly climbed up to the top and she followed him. It took a little bit of prodding to get her down again, but I think that was partly because she was finally up in the top part where she'd never been before.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I love that she does the "whoosh" sound. How cute. She is going to be such a good big sister.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun! You are such a good mom! 2 yr. Olds are so quirky and stubborn aren't they? You never know what they will insist on! Although, if I had a nightgown that cute and no inhibitions, I might wear it all day too.
-Linda

chrisandlaura96 said...

I totally couldn't tell it was even a nightgown from the picture. Maybe it's because I have a boy so I picture jammies still being the footie ones that zip up. If it makes you feel any better, Noah has been insisting upon wearing his pirate costume almost every day lately. I can't even begin to count the number of places I've taken him in it!

I'm so glad to hear that the newest baby Rail is doing good. I pray for you guys a lot!