Friday, December 24, 2010

It's Christmas Eve!

It's here and it's official - it's Christmas Eve! I'm at work tonight and it's a (knock-on-wood) slow night here in the ICU. I feel like I somewhat earned this more relaxing night since I ran my tail off last night here. I'm amazed at how excited I am for Christmas this year. I can't wait to wake up tomorrow morning with the girls and watch them open their presents. I can't believe how amazing it is to be their mother. Does it ever just hit you like that? Like, you're sitting there watching your little ones argue over a toy and you realize, hey, I'm a MOM and these are my CHILDREN. When did I get so grown up? Or so lucky? I have always loved children. Having my own children has been the very best thing that has ever happened to me. They are my favorite Christmas gifts.

1 comment:

chrisandlaura96 said...

So true and I love moments like that!
-Laura