Sunday, February 12, 2012

Back to Blogging?

So, I spent a while tonight looking over my past blog enteries and really enjoyed it. I get discouraged when I read other people's blogs and they have really funny and interesting things to say, and I just ramble on about my girls. I decided that I don't care though because this blog is really for me, not other people to read and be impressed with.

So, updates since October:
We had Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. I worked a lot. I did get a sort-of different job at my work. I'm in the float pool. That means that I write down the days I want to work and the hospital calls me and tells me which department in either Pioneer Valley or Jordan Valley Hospital to go to. It also included a fairy nice raise and more steady hours. That means that I don't have to work as many days. I don't HAVE to, but I still work four 12-hour nights a week because the extra money is extra nice.

Jonathan is getting better at being a house-husband-macho. He does all the shopping and cooking. He loves to try new recipes and I doubt we've had the same dinner twice in 3 or 4 months. He gets Gwen to and from school and keeps Emily from destroying the house or herself too much.

Gwen is loving kindergarten. She especially loves her best friend there: a cute boy with glasses named Braxton. She has a hard time telling me what they learned about but she never fails to mention if Braxton got a new haircut or didn't play with her a recess. She's also been participating in an acting class called "Up With Kids". They're going to be putting on a play of Disney's Tangled movie. Gwen gets to be a chameleon named Rainbow. It's really been fun to watch her dance, act, and sing. She looks forward to it all week.

Emily broke her right wrist in December. She was playing at the gym and fell out of there climbing area and landed on her out-stretched hand. That's 3 broken bones in less than 12 months. That's it. No more broken bones, Emily. She is so accident prone I'm sure there will be more doctor's visits in the future. Emily still refuses to potty train. She is adamant about being my baby and wearing diapers forever. She turns 3 next week and we've been telling her for weeks that 3-year-olds go potty in the toilet. I need to find the right bribe for her. She doesn't give in for anything we've tried yet.

I have a bunch of pictures from Halloween and Christmas on my camera I need to upload.

3 comments:

Joel said...

Krista,
I'm sorry my blog is so funny and interesting. I'll try to tone it down ;)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your blog! I love reading about what is important to you and what is important to you, is important to me. Every time I see you have an update on here, I smile. So don't stop! :)

I'm proud of you and your new job and your girls are precious! I so hope I'll get to see Gwen in her play and I'm excited to see you tomorrow for Emily's birthday. I love you!
-Laura

Turbo said...

Keep posting. It's always good to hear what's going on. Joel on the other hand . . .