Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Our Fun Weekend

This weekend was so fun. To start off, earlier this week we ended up buying my friend Joel's old car. It's nice to have transportation again. On Saturday, Gwen and I went with a couple of my old high school friends to the zoo. It was hot and crowded but worth it. I loved getting to spend time with some of my favorite people in the world and Gwen loved watching the other people and animals. I hadn't seen most of my friends since Gwen's baby blessing back in October. I really miss being able to just go hang out with them all the time. It's just too hard these days when Gwen only has a few hours between naps and is in bed by 9:00 pm. That schedule doesn't lend itself to a partying lifestyle. I was just happy to see these people again. We could have been standing in line at the DMV and I would have been perfectly happy.

Gwen couldn't see most of the animals but she loved watching all the other little kids running around. We did find a couple of trout that she could see up close. She'd never seen anything like that before. She kept reaching out to touch them as they swam behind the glass. Those were her favorite animals. She even managed to fall asleep in her stroller for a while. So, thanks Joel and Katie for inviting us. It was so much fun.

Sunday, we got a visit from Grandma Thompson. Grandma's must have a special vibe because Gwen sure lit up when she saw Grandma Thompson even though it's been a few months since her last visit. She giggled harder than she has in a long time as she played with Grandma. After a few short hours, Jonathan had to leave for work so I took Gwen over to her other grandma's house. Gwen sure loves her grandmas. They get the best giggles and smiles and she'll even cuddle with them. At Grandma Buckholts' house Gwen helped unload the dishwasher (even though the dishes were still dirty) and helped Mommy eat an ice cream sandwich - yummy! At about 8:00 she really needed to be put to bed so we had to leave quickly. What a fun-filled grandma day.

Monday was fun too. Gwen had a hard time going down for her nap. She was tired but didn't want to stop playing. We had planned to go have fun with Grandma Thompson, but I wasn't going to subject others to Grumpy Gwen. Since Jonathan had the afternoon off and it was hot outside - over 90 degrees, we went swimming. We stayed for about an hour. There were tons of other little kids so Gwen was super happy. After swimming, I took the baby home for a nap finally and Jonathan got ready for work. Gwen fell asleep in Mommy's bed so I napped with her then woke up because Jonathan was stumbling around the room in the dark. He wasn't scheduled for work until 6:00. Yay! We all took a nap until 5. That evening Gwen was grumping again so we went back to the pool. I swear that kid's addicted.

My weekends usually aren't this fun. They're usually just me and the baby with some grocery shopping thrown in. Or, even worse, me and Jonathan working the entire weekend.

No comments: