Sunday, September 2, 2007

New Job Update

It's been almost a week since I started my new (old) job at the Taylorsville Instacare. It really hasn't changed all that much since I left. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. At least it means that I can pretty much pick up where I left off. I've been scavaging for shifts because they didn't have very many needs until October. I'm a 40 hour a week employee though, so I guess that means if I have to come and sit around doing nothing to get my hours then that's their problem.

Jonathan quit his job last week at the Maverik. We got some federal financial aid for school to make that possible. We'll have to scrimp and save, but we're getting better at doing that. Now he can really focus on getting through school quickly. He's still getting great grades - he's a straight A student with one little oops from last spring's English class. This semester is English again, Japanese II, History of Western Civilization from 1300, and Bowling for PE.

Our days are pretty busy. He has school from 9:30 to 1:00 and I work from 3 or 4 to 11 pm. I watch Gwen in the morning while he's a school and he watches her while I'm at work. So far it's working out very nicely. I'm sooooo much happier not having to work graveyards. Even though I get home sometime after 11:00, I'm getting 7 - 8 hours of good sleep before getting up with Gwen in the morning. Before, I'd sleep for an hour or two before my shift and have to stay awake until Jonathan got home from school before napping for a few more hours. I rarely got a solid 8 hours of sleep. It was KILLING me. I was grumpy all the time and had a hard time thinking about anything besides how much I really wanted to curl up and nap. Now, I'm thinking that I can get up and go on walks with Gwen and Boot or get in a quick workout in the mornings before her midmorning nap. I feel so much more alive this last week, it's been such a good change. The one downfall being that since Jonathan and I are on opposite "shifts" we have to make use of the short hours we have together. He usually stays awake doing homework after Gwen goes to sleep until I get home from work. That's nice of him. When he was working swing shift I almost always fell asleep long before he got home.

No comments: