Monday, September 24, 2007

Our Little Pedestrian!

So, after my last post I went with Gwen and Grandma Buckholts to visit Heidi, Sam, and baby Jami in Layton. Sam had a cold, but Gwen was going stir crazy and I really wanted to see my newest niece again. Jami is so cute. She has so much hair and is so little. I can't believe that only a year ago Gwen was almost that little. She seems so big now. Well, after our visit we were packing up to leave and I handed Gwen her sippy cup and walked away to get her diaper bag. I turned around and she was walking after me. I started to yell "you're walking! Hey, Gwen's walking!" That startled her and she fell down but she had taken about 10 steps all by herself. I had forgotten to grab my camera when we left but Heidi had hers handy and captured Gwen's second attempt. It was a couple more steps this time before she fell. Each day she practices and gets a little better. She's taking it slow but I think we can say that, "We have another pedestrian in our midst."

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I wanna see! Way to go Gwen!
-Love your auntie Laura