Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Mama Duck and other pictures

There she is snuggled behind my rose bush and about a foot and a half away from our back steps. She's not the smartest duck on the block because we almost never go out our front door so we're constantly walking right past her. She tolerates us though because for the last at least 2 1/2 weeks she's been there all the time. We've seen three other duck families out for swims in our ponds nearby so we know that the eggs should hatch any day. Joel - it's just a plain old duck and the dad's a regular mallard, unless she's more of the Jerry Springer type duck. But, if there's a white baby duck I'll help you catch it and keep it as a pet. It's so tempting to touch her. She holds really still if you get near her. None of us have tried to pet her yet. I can't promise the same for the babies.
I know you all do it every day, but Gwen put on her pants by HERSELF for the first time the other day. We've yet to see a repeat of the performance though. She does insist trying by herself to do it before getting mad and screaming for help.
Gwen insisted on wearing her gloves all evening. Aren't almost two-year-olds fun? I was trying to get a picture of her coloring with her gloves on but just at that moment her shoe started to bug her.
This is from the Train Museum in Ogden on Mason's 6th Birthday. We drove up to spend the afternoon with the Witkamps and Laura and Noah. I don't think I got a picture of Noah - he just won't hold still long enough. Here's Kim and Gwen playing in the train engine.
Mason the Birthday Boy. I love his toothless grin and fauxhawk. He's gotten so big. I can't believe he's already six.
Daddy is a great ride. Gwen prefers to rough house with him which is okay by me. If we're all sitting around watching TV she come over and push us off the couch. She's keeping us young, that's for sure.
One word: talent. I'm not even that good at using chopsticks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good girl pull down your pants and bend over, now where did mum put the baby lotion?