Saturday, May 3, 2008

A New Month?

Gosh this last month went by so quickly.

First off: Happy Birthday to my BFF and Maid of Honor John. (hee hee, BFF, I'm sooo hip . . . or 13)

Jonathan had finals this week and is now one semester closer to having his Associates Degree in History. "What can he do with that?" you're wondering. Nothing. Except transfer to a 4 year university and get a bigger degree in another couple years so he can teach history to geeks like himself. He has one more semester at SLCC before we have to decide on U of U or Weber State for the rest. He's glad school is over for the next couple months but will be keeping busy working full-time at a center that handles calls for the Deaf. The work is just on a weekly basis right now, but we hope it settles into something more temporarily permanent that we can count on for a couple months.

I'm still working 5 or 6 evenings a week at the urgent care clinic. I'm sticking to my workouts at the gym. Sometimes quite literally since I sweat buckets when I'm there. I've started doing the different classes they offer and love the cycle and yoga classes so far. I even ran over 3 miles without stopping the other day. I've never been able to do that before. I feel good, sore, but good.

Gwen got her first ear infection the other day. She'd been battling cough and congestion for almost three weeks and then got a fever and goopy eyes. After two doses of antibiotics she was back to being my happy kid again. Her favorite things to do these days are to make forts in my front loading clothes dryer and play the piano. She takes her blankets, snacks, crayons and paper into the dryer and will hide in there while I cook or clean the kitchen. She climbs up on the piano bench and plays the piano with her tushie, bouncing up and down on the keys and giggling. She knows it's not allowed and I think that's why she likes it so much.

We have a mama duck just outside our back door who built a nest a few weeks ago and has been sitting on her eggs since. I'll post some picks when I upload them. There's 10 eggs in there but she wasn't around for a couple days after laying the first two so I don't know if they'll make it. Still, we can't wait to see if her eggs will hatch in the next few days. It'll be awesome to have a family of ducks in our backyard area.

2 comments:

Joel said...

If there's a white duck, I'm going to steal it to raise it as a pet.

Anonymous said...

That's great that Jonathan is almost done w/school for the summer and how interesting to be working helping hearing impaired people. Can I vote for Weber State? You know it's great, great, great! (At least that's what the fight song says.) Glad Gwen is feeling better...
-Laura