Thursday, July 24, 2008

First Appointment

Yesterday I had my first OB appointment for this pregnancy and everything is fine. We even got to hear the baby's heartbeat. That was so neat. It sounds like a little washing machine - which is normal if you haven't had the chance to hear a heartbeat by ultrasound. One thing I find amusing is that they give you all this free stuff like magazines and samples of prenatal pills etc. It just seems a little weird to me that you'd get free things for being pregnant. I understand that they're just trying to get you to buy their stuff and think that they can hook you with a free sample.

We've already picked out a name if the baby's a boy: Nathan Thomas Rail. We haven't been able to think of any girl names yet. We still have about 10 weeks before we get to do the ultrasound to find out the gender. I'd be happy with either, but a little boy would be different and I think that would be fun. I have seen how much wilder little boys can be so that would make it harder.

3 comments:

Joel said...

That's funny, because Katie and I have an easier time thinking of girls' names. I'm not telling you our choices, because we might need one in about a year.

Witkamp Family said...

Krista,
Don't you love that 1st apt.? I always feel relieved when they say ya, you actually are pregnant. Like a little part of me feels like I've just been crazy and making it all up! It just doesn't feel as pregnant as the end.
By the way, happy b-day tomorrow!
-Linda

Lizzy said...

What?! Kids don't come with their names tattooed on their forehead? I could have sworn my girls did. I mean we picked out nice names for them like Emily and Laura. Instead our 2 girls are named Natalya and Cherith. Go figure.

Hi Krista!