Thursday, October 23, 2008

Updates

We went to the park earlier this week and Gwen looked so cute in her Elmo hat I just had to snap some photos. Gwen had gotten hold of the camera - that's why the pictures are hazy.
This is how Gwen says "cheese." She puts her fingers in her eyes and says "cheese" while running toward the camera.
Right after this picture we made Boot go down the slide. Gwen thought that was an awesome idea, Boot not so much.

So, we've had a busy week going to the doctor's. Just for regular check-ups, nothing serious. I saw my OB on Tuesday and found out that everything looked perfectly normal on the ultrasound I had last month. That's always a good thing to hear. The tech doing the ultrasound doesn't really give you any information when she's doing it and gives the results to a radiologist who does the official reading and the results are given to your doctor who later reviews them with you. That's why it takes a while. Anyway, the baby is growing normally and I managed to gain a couple pounds this last month. I really don't want to put on a lot of weight because it's so hard to lose it. I'm still hitting the gym 5 days a week. I do an hour of weight training 3 times a week and an hour of cycling class 4 to 5 times a week. It feels so good to be able to do all that.

Gwen had her 2-year-old check on Wednesday. She's in the 92% for height and weight but seems to be leveling off a little. He was impressed by how interactive and curious she was. He said he's not at all worried about her having autism or anything serious like that. She got her flu shot and didn't even cry. Just flinched a little bit and that was it. She's even braver than her dad. Another fun and new thing we did with Gwen was take her for her first haircut. I was hesitant to have it done because it's the last part of her left that's all baby. We just got it trimmed and evened out in the back and cut some bangs for her so she won't always have hair in her eyes. She was so good while she had it done - just sat and munched on a sucker and was more interested in watching Daddy get his hair cut.

Now time for the usual photo dump. We didn't get any pictures of the actual haircut itself but took them when we got home.

Yes, her hair is still all curly and cute in the back. It's just all one length now.

4 comments:

chrisandlaura96 said...

I'm so glad you got to keep all her cute little baby girl curlies. That was one of the saddest parts about having a baby boy for me, I had to cut his off...Why is it so hard to cut their hair? I guess it is because that hair was there with you when they were tiny babies and cutting it off makes them look and feel so much older than that.

I'm so excited for you to have another sweet little baby girl in a few months. I think you are truly amazing. That is great that you are able to feel up to so much exercise. You look amazing too. What great shape you are in!!! I wish we lived closer so that we could go to the gym together. You could totally kick my butt!
-Laura

Anonymous said...

She's such a cutie. Too bad they grow up so fast :( She's going to love having a baby sister I think. All of mine, but Aidan, were in the 90th+ percentiles. Rails are big babies.

Lisa said...

She is soooo cute :) I can't believe she is already 2 and I haven't seen her yet. (Come to think of it I am not sure I have met all of Laura's kids) I'm looking forward to getting up there for a visit next year.

Anonymous said...

Gwen is soooo darling! She looks just like you did! (It seems so novel to me to be able to look at your daughter and see yourself!)
I can't believe you are still able to exercise so much! Theoretically, I knew it was a good idea but I was so exhausted just scraping by with everything I HAD to do when pregnant! And you work full time at a very demanding job! You are superwoman!
-Linda