Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekend Project

This is what our bathroom looked like until this last weekend, it was like this when we moved in. There was this yellow-green-blue wallpaper all over, even over the shower. It wasn't a great idea to put it there because it was really getting moldy and the frequent moisture from bathing was starting to make the paper peel from the walls.
This is now what our bathroom looks like. I made Jonathan spend an entire day removing all that yucky wallpaper and I spent the next day painting and cleaning up. Then I found the cute shower curtain and rug to pull it all together. It's really a huge difference and will hopefully help us sell this place one day. Not bad for a long weekend's worth of work and $100, eh?
Also, before the weather turned a little colder this weekend, Gwen would spend about an hour each afternoon hanging out on our little back porch area. I'd give her a snack and put on the Muppets on her portable DVD player and she'd sit on the steps, dig in our dirt, or pull all my flower heads off the plants. I wish I had gotten a picture of that because she lined them all up on the steps and came and got me pointing to them saying "Petty, Momma". Yes, Gwen it was pretty to see all the flower heads lined up like that. I guess it's a good thing that it's the end of the growing season and it doesn't really matter if my flowers have heads or not.
We went to the Parker's house last night for a birthday dinner for my mom and my grandpa. Gwen had such a great time with her cousins. I was amazed at how well she played with everyone. I don't think she caused any problems all evening.
Gwen was "tickling" all her cousins with one of Noah's Pooh Bears. She has the loudest, best, most contagious giggle in the world. Her biggest cousin, Mason, was the best as getting Gwen to let out her big belly laugh. He'd pretend to fall and she'd just lose it. She loves him so much.
Kim and Gwen had fun practicing catching and throwing the soccer ball.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Gwen does have the best laugh ever! And of course she didn't cause any problems all night, she is an ANGEL! BTW your bathroom looks great. Can you say "nesting?"

Anonymous said...

Your bathroom does look fabulous! I love the color scheme and the bathroom mat and shower curtain are really cute too. I think it's basic enough and updated that it will help sell your house when you need to.

It was fun having you all over on Sun. Gwen is sooo cute! Are you missing a baby doll, because someone left one at our house.

-Laura