Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Due Date

My little starlet. Earlier this week, she wanted to wear all her flower hair clips, her sunglasses, her Elmo panties, her apple shirt, and her Elmo socks (which you can't see), but no pants since it makes potty training a bit easier. She got up on the coffee table and used the thermometer to sing along with Sesame Street. She loves to sing but prefers to use whatever is laying about for a microphone.
Yeah, I'm not that big, I know. I FEEL really big though. This was taken at my appointment last week at the OB. I'd only gained 14 pounds (closer to 12 now because I lost 2 this week somehow). I still measure okay meaning that the baby should be pleanty big. It's just been funny to watch my belly get bigger as my maternity pants get looser around the hips and thighs. I'm probably one of the only people who needs to buy new maternity pants at 40 weeks pregnant because they're too big now. Jonathan hasn't done as well in the weight gain department- he put on 28 pounds since May. At least he's coming to the gym with me more often now. He doesn't have a good excuse not to anymore. I think he loves having a very pregnant wife because then he gets to finish my meals as well as his own.
Gwen's favorite part of the "baby doctor" is after we're all done we measure her tummy and "listen" to her guts. She's very serious about it all. She's so good when we go and just sits and plays with the toys they have in the room. I think it's helped her to realize that she's getting a baby sister sometime soonish.

So, actually, my pregnancy counter thingy is off by a day because today is really my due date and it should read 40 weeks pregnant - no more days to go. I wish that meant something to my body. I keep telling it that I should be going into labor any moment now but it seems to have other ideas. I saw my OB today who checked me and I'm still not making any progress down there. I begged him to schedule my induction for this week and he was nice enough to do it for Friday. So, if my body remains a slug, I at least have a light at the end of the tunnel and will have a baby on Friday the 20th. Not too shabby. I really thought that she'd be here by now considering my day and night last Thursday, but apparently my body likes being pregnant so much that the only way I know how to have the baby is to help things along artificially. Plus, I love being in control and an induction makes me feel like I'm one step closer to having control over this whole thing. I can plan for it at least and see what life throws us.
Really I'm okay that she's where she is because I know it's much easier to care for her this way, just increasingly uncomfortable. Also, Gwen's still getting over her sickness and has shared it with Jonathan - though his is more of the cough and congestion type virus instead of the vomiting and diarrhea type. I was getting worried about bringing home a newborn into that mess of illness. Now everyone has a few days to feel better and I have to keep avoiding getting their sicknesses. That might be the hardest part. The following video is of Gwen and Jonathan out stomping bubbles in our front yard. It's like 30 degrees and has been rain/snowing all day but that doesn't stop them. It's one of Gwen's potty rewards and if you can't tell, she loves playing with bubbles.

3 comments:

chrisandlaura96 said...

Yay! Only a few more days to go, if that, until Emily gets here. I've been wanting to call all day and hear about how your appointment went. I'm so glad your OB scheduled an induction for Fri. We've been thinking and praying for you guys, but mostly we're super excited!!! Can't wait to meet her! (And I can't wait to see how great you look in a few weeks when we can really tell how hard you've been working out! You are amazing!)
-Laura

chrisandlaura96 said...

P.S. Gwen cracks me up! How come every one of her pictures are always adorable and hillarious at the same time? She's got such a cute personality. I loved the serious look on her face when you guys were measuring her.
-Laura

Anonymous said...

sexy little panties princess, take them off and show me your p--sy and you can have chocolate, let me take them chocolate and ice cream, let me take them off and then let me play with your p-s-y you get chocolate, ice cream and a treat from the store, that deal cost me lots with my granddaughter she had no problem letting me feel her p- s-y, I could have her on my lap playing with it for ages while she watched a video, fingers in her making her squirm,i loved sucking them after to taste her lovely p-s-y juices,sometimes I would have her watch me wank into her panties