Monday, March 30, 2009

Blessed

Yesterday we had Emily's baby blessing. Many thanks to everyone who came and my sisters and parents who helped with the food and everything. My family had a fun time and I hope everyone else did too. My mom and dad were nice enough to let us have it at their place since ours is so tiny. We had Gwen's at our place and there wasn't any room at all for people so everyone left after only staying a little while. This was much better. We also celebrated my niece Kim's 5th birthday.
I found this super puffy dress at the mall and just had to get it. We're using white dresses for my little sister's wedding next month, but I had to get her a special dress just for her blessing. Gwen has hers so it's only fair this way.
Jonathan's father, who is currently serving a mission in Connecticut with his wife, Paula, was able to fly down for the blessing. It sure was great to have him here even if we didn't get too much time to sit and chat with him. The more time I spend with him the more I notice where Jonathan gets most of his traits. That's a good thing, because Jonathan's dad is a great guy and I'd love for Jonathan to be like him.

Gwen was extra grumpy yesterday for some reason so I had to get a picture of what she looked like most of the afternoon. She's trying to give up nap time lately and it was day three of no naps and I guess it hit her hard. She would cry over everything and kept getting into trouble especially with little Jami.

These balloons were a big hit. Grandma Buckholts had bought some decorations for Kim's birthday and all the kids had fun blowing up balloons and Sam showed how brave she is by popping them with her hands. I'm not sure I could do that as easily as she can. Mason though, is missing most of his teeth because he's 6 so his balloons were a bit on the slimy side.Here's the pretty dress that Gwen's Grandma Thompson bought her. She was so excited to wear it that she wanted to sleep in it the night before and cried and cried when I changed her out of it. Even now as she sits on my lap "helping"me type she's asking to wear her pretty dress.Birthday princess Kim opening the gift that we got her. Gwen learned that the problem with getting someone else a present is that then it's for them and you don't get to take it home. That's a hard lesson for a 2-year-old especially when it's Sleeping Beauty and she's your new favorite princess this week.Kim's mom bought her a yummy chocolate cake to share with everyone for dessert. I had told Gwen the night before about how we were going to celebrate Kim's birthday and eat birthday cake and I guess she remembered because when she woke up that morning she told me she wanted cake for breakfast. She didn't like it that I told her we didn't have any and she had to wait to go to Grandma's house later to eat cake.We had Jonathan's dad snap a photo of the four of us before we had to finally leave for the evening. Gwen and Emily are wearing their matching outfits. Emily screamed the entire way home (as usual) and Gwen fell fast asleep (not as usual) and had to sleep in her clothes. She was worn out, and frankly, so was I. I'm glad but a little sad that the blessing is over. It's a lot of work to put something like that together but it sure was fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a great time! It will be fun to see you guys again on Saturday. I'm glad we've gotten together a bunch since you've been on maternity leave. We need to come down and go to the park with you soon.
-Love
Laura