Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Girls Only

Today was the first day that I got to have both the girls all to myself for a few hours. Jonathan got called to substitute at Mom's school for the art teacher and we can't pass up a chance for him to earn some extra bucks these days. He loves substituting which is excellent since he wants to be a teacher some day and it pays pretty good for what is required of him. Looks like he probably won't be able to do it for a while because tonight he got a call from a temp agency for a job making boxes or something down in Draper from 6:00 am to 2:30 pm Monday through Friday for the next six weeks. He won't like it as much, but we really need for him to be working a steady job right now while he's not in school. We're not even really sure what the pay is but it's more than sitting around playing video games or walking the dog, that's for sure.

Anyway, back to today, it went pretty good if I do say so myself. I didn't even have to resort to Elmo or Cinderella. Emily picked up Gwen's cold and is really stuffy lately. She hasn't started to run a fever or anything and seems a little better already today, so we probably lucked out and it's not a big virus like RSV or anything. Well, Emily's cold means that she's extra spitty and needed a bath so first thing this morning, we showered and gave the baby a bath. That was quite the undertaking since Emily hates baths and Gwen loves them. Gwen kept trying to dump water on Emily and Emily screamed her head off the entire time. After baths I fed Emily while Gwen ran around naked and I tried to bribe her into getting dressed by herself - she can do it just not when you need her to. Once everyone was dressed we packed up and went shopping for some things I needed around the house. Emily slept the entire time in her car seat and Gwen actually stayed close to me in the store, amazing. After shopping we tried to go to the park to play. It's been really, really windy lately - like hurricane windy. We lasted about 20 minutes at the park before I gave up and we went home for lunch. After lunch Emily fell asleep again and I was able to get Gwen down for her nap without too much trouble. That meant that I also got a nap and by the time we woke up Jonathan was back home. So, how about more cute pictures?

That's my super cute little one. She really doesn't like laying down flat with her stuffy nose so we propped her up on a pillow for her nap yesterday.
Gwen had fun at the park today even though at times I thought she just might blow away in the wind. She didn't want to play at first and told me "wind cold, Mommy, stop it." I told her I would if I could, but I wasn't quite that powerful.
I found the most out-of-the-wind spot for Emily to hide in while we played. She slept through the whole thing but woke up once she was back in the car - go figure.
Oh yeah, I need to hear from some of you. We're thinking of doing Emily's blessing on March 29th. That's when our fast Sunday is because of General Conference. The other option is to do it May 3rd, the next fast Sunday after GC. Let me know if you have a strong opinion for either date.

3 comments:

Joel said...

No opinion here.

Heidi said...

I love the piggy tails! Just like Sam right? I will let you know about the Sunday thing

chrisandlaura96 said...

Wow, you are super mom! Emily has changed already...I need to hold her again. Chris will be done with the legislative session this next week, so I will have to see if I can come down soon. Love you!
-Laura
P.S. Noah has been stir crazy being inside too. He keeps telling me he wants to go out in the backyard and go swimming. I think we are ALL ready for Spring.