Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Gardner Village

This week Jonathan's on Fall Break. I have today and tomorrow off from work so we decided to take advantage of our rare chance to send a day together and we took the girls to Gardner Village to see the witches. We splurged and had lunch at the restaurant there. Gwen wanted soup in a bread bowl and also ate a big part of my roast beef sandwich and french fries. Emily was so tired at lunch that she fell asleep in the high chair with her forehead on the front part. It was so cute, but I didn't even think to get a picture of it.
After lunch we went to explore the village and all the witches they have there. The witches are all doing silly things and they're fun to see. They're mannequins or made of paper mache or something, I'm not sure. This picture is of Gwen playing on this stage they have for something witchy. I guess on the weekends it's more fun and they have actors and such.
This is Emily after she woke up from her lunch nap. That castle thing in the back is the stage that Gwen was playing on.
They have an animal petting area with a bunch of different animals for the kids to harass. Here's Gwen checking out the llamas.
Making friends with a pot bellied pig. Gwen of course informed us that it was Babe.

Checking out a goat.
They had a donkey but it was in a fenced off area and although we tried to get it to come over and say hi to us it wasn't interested.
They have chickens, but you can't really pet them very well. I guess that's okay. Gwen is actually very fascinated by chickens and this is probably the closest she's ever gotten to some.
Her new best piggy friend, Babe.
When Gwen was making her rounds to check out all the animals it was so cute how she gets right in there face on their level. It's a good thing they were all very calm and docile because I know I wouldn't want someone that close to my face.
Some of the goats even had big horns like this one.
Gwen's checking out the goats long floppy ears. See what I mean about being docile?
They even had a baby cow. When I asked Gwen what she was looking at she told me it was a "Moos".
There was a small area with baby pot bellied pigs. The big one was so nice it made me almost understand why people would want a pig as a pet. Yeah, I know they're supposed to be smarter than dogs, and cleaner, etc, but have you ever petted a pig? It's like petting a brillo pad. Not soft and snuggly like my Boot.
This picture belongs at the top of this post, but I'm not moving it. This is Gwen eating her bread soup and Emily still awake at this point. It was yummy food. I'm glad I have this chance to celebrate fall with my husband and kids. I do love this time of year . . . even if it means that winter's right around the corner.

Here's my super crawler. She started crawling at 6 months but would only army crawl. Then she saw a one-year-old crawling at church and she's been up on all fours since. Today I took my kids to work out with one of my gym friends. Her kids are exactly the same age as Gwen and Emily. In fact her little girl in only one week older than Emily. It's so fun to watch them together. Her little girl has like five teeth already and is such a chunk. That's how Gwen was. Emily is long and lean and toothless so far. Well, be surprised by this bonus post. Thanks to my hubby who's watching the small ones so that I can write this. Only, now it's bed time and Emily's not loving it so I better go help.

3 comments:

chrisandlaura96 said...

I love reading your updates. Gardner Village looks like lots of fun. I'll have to make it down there one of these years. BTW, are we going to have a Halloween party again? Lets plan something fun.
-Laura

Heidi said...

super super cute! I wanna go to Gardner Village now.

Anonymous said...

What a fun time you guys have together! It's really fun to bring your kids somewhere festive. Give your girls hugs from me.
Love, Linda