Friday, August 29, 2008

My Happy Birthday Girl

My little baby turned 2 yesterday. She's really not a baby anymore and I usually think of her more as a toddler than a baby now. It helps that we're going to have a real baby in 6 more months. For her birthday, we went to Wheeler Farm. We had dinner and ice cream and melted cupcakes. Gwen got to open her presents and we went and saw all the farm animals. Gwen mostly loved having Sam and Noah (her cousins) around to play with. He spent all evening trying to hold hands with Noah and sit next to Sam. She sure loves them.

All Gwen had for dinner was three glasses of Sprite. Oh well, we had a good lunch at Sweet Tomatoes earlier that afternoon so I wasn't too worried about her little tummy.The three musketeers found this wriggly bench and had fun sitting on it together. We didn't show it to them or anything. They found it themselves and I caught this great picture of them laughing about it.The Bells got Gwen a great Elmo Karaoke machine. It plays some of her favorite songs like "Elmo's World", "The Wheels on the Bus", and "If You're Happy and You Know It." She played with it all evening and wouldn't put it down to open her other presents. We had to hide it from her so we could get her to get ready for bed that night too. It's a big hit.Heidi reminded me that I'm going to have to buy a new stroller when the new baby gets here. The two seater that Heidi has was also a big hit for Gwen. She kicked Sam out of her seat and made Heidi push her all over the farm. I liked it too because then I didn't have to carry her. Hey, she's the Birthday Girl, right?

So, thanks to everyone who came to our party. I'm so grateful that I have a happy and healthy little Gwen to love everyday. My life has so much more meaning and joy since she came into it. I can't imagine a moment without her.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Your welcome. I am the best aunt ever.

Anonymous said...

She's soo darling! Give her a kiss from me.
I'm holding myself together a little better than I was last time we talked by the way. I've got the first week back at work under my belt...
Linda

Joel said...

I think that might be the first time I've known you to use the words "Gwen" and "little" in the same sentence.

chrisandlaura96 said...

We had a GREAT time at Gwen's party. What a good idea to have it at Wheeler Farm. We'll have to go there together again.
-Laura