Saturday, September 6, 2008

Jami's Birthday and Bike Fun

Here's a random picture of my little baghead baby. This is how she entertained us this morning while Daddy was making breakfast and Mommy was relaxing on the couch.

This week was my niece Jami's first birthday. I love the first birthday because the kid doesn't really get it but they have fun anyway. Jami was no exception. She loved diving into her own birthday cake and ending up wearing more than eating it. She also had fun opening presents and then watching the older kids yank them away and play with them. It pretty much ended up being a big kid brawl in the middle of the living room while we all watched and took pictures. Jami didn't seem too upset about it and was having fun with all the big kids. Gwen loved following her favorite big kid, Noah, around and was doing a good job of holding her own against him in the big toy war. Heidi's back yard and kiddy slide was also a big hit for Gwen.
Noah sure is daring going down the slide on his feet. I few moments later Gwen tried it but failed.There's Jami, the birthday girl in the stripes as Noah and Gwen fight over her new choo choo.
Gwen helping Grandma Buckholts open one of Jami's Elmo presents. I thought Gwen would have a hard time giving that one back, but she did okay.

Today, our ward primary had a bike ride with the bishop activity. As a primary teacher, (now the 6 and 7 year olds instead of the 3 and 4 year olds, yay!) I felt I should probably show up since I didn't have anything better to do this morning. Plus, Gwen loved getting to ride her new birthday tricycle with all the big kids. She still doesn't have the peddle part down so we had to take turns pushing her along, but it was lots of fun for her.

Bike riding can really wear out a 2-year-old. We only went about a block and that was enough. Then we got to drink bottled water and eat rice crispy treats.

2 comments:

chrisandlaura96 said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun at the primary activity. Don't you love it when you can bring your family with to do your calling?

Noah had lots of fun with Gwen at Jami's party too. It's fun to see them so big that they actually interact with each other now! It was one of the best parts of my day that when Gwen saw me when you guys had just gotten out of the car that her whole face lit up and she ran right to me with her arms out for a big hug. I sure love her...I'm glad she knows I'm her aunt.

I also loved watching her hit the boquet of balloons with all the other kids like they were punching bags. So funny!
-Laura

Joel said...

The best $50 I ever spent (although it seems to be more expensive now)