Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Family Pictures

We went and got our pictures taken together as a family and to celebrate Gwen's 2nd birthday last week. I'm not as diligent as some of my sisters. The last time we had our picture done together was last year. Toddlers change a lot in a year. We couldn't get Gwen to smile in most of the pictures, until we brought out the toys for her to play with. I downloaded these from the Target studio. They did such a great job. It's hard to photograph my little family. Jonathan CANNOT keep his eyes open if he knows it's going to flash. He's learned to keep his eyes open by not looking at the camera, but then he comes across as looking creepy, but at least his eyes are open. Gwen's 2, so it's hard to get her to sit still or look in the right direction. I'm actually very photogenic so I'm not a problem, thank goodness.

It's also Jonathan and mine 3rd wedding anniversary today. I can't believe it's only been three years because it feels like he's always been a part of my life. I can't imagine life without him. He's my best friend and such a good daddy. I love him so much.





7 comments:

Joel said...

I just wonder how you got a two-year-old's hair to stay combed.
I know what you mean about getting a good picture, though. Our lives changed when Sam finally learned to smile for the camera. Now he just wants us to keep taking pictures forever as he sits there, hamming it up.

Sam said...

Congratulations on your 3rd year! Wow, the years fly by fast don't they. We haven't had family pictures taken in, hmm.., never! Yikes. Probably should get some done then, huh? Your pictures look great though, glad to get a chance to see them.

Heidi said...

Great pictures! What a fun idea to bring her bicycle to pictures. Hope to see you again soon! Maybe we could have a video game trade off -- Mario Kart for Star Wars?

Krista said...

Joel: we didn't keep her hair combed. It looks like that all the time I just stuck a clippy thingy in it - it fell out after she played with the hat.

Sam: I guess this means I can add your blog back to my family list, eh? Good to see you back on it. I love that you guys are hiking. We'd totally be up for a hike with you on a Tuesday or Wednesday evening, just give us a call.

Heidi: We'd love to swap you games, or kids, whatever.

Lisa said...

I LOVE The photos of you guys. Gwen is sooo adorable. I hope I get to see her in person before she turns 18 :)

Anonymous said...

These pics are terrific! Man Krista you look great! Pregnancy must suite you? Do you still go to the gym? I don't know how you find the energy if you do! Gwen sure is beautiful!
-Linda

Anonymous said...

Man, how did you ever decide what pictures to choose from? You must've spent a bunch of money, because I would've wanted all of those! I love, love, love the sepia toned one of Gwen. You and Jonathan have a great "recipe". Can't wait to see what the next one looks like! We get to find out what sex he or she is soon right? Can't wait!
-Laura