Saturday, May 12, 2007

An Afternoon at the Park

This afternoon I got to take Gwen to the little play park area in our townhouse community. Some of the moms in my ward called me and invited me. I was so grateful to be invited because I had been wanting to get out with other moms but didn't know how to go about it. Gwen never makes it through church all the way to Relief Society so I don't get to go.

Anyway, it was especially fun because the little girl, Sarah, who was born 4 days after Gwen was there. We got to see how different they are. Sarah will sit quietly and play by herself. Gwen, after she got over the amazement of watching all the other little kids, was pushing over the other babies and then climbing on them or crawling over to the adults and biting them. It's her new favorite game at home to treat mom, dad, and the dog like jungle gyms and teething rings. Sarah is still letting her mom spoon-feed her, whereas Gwen refuses to let me near her with a spoon. She even had to get the fruit that I had cut up for her out of the container by herself. She's so independent.

No comments: