Saturday, May 26, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend

Well, I'm starting to be able to wrap my head around the car thing. Something inside it's transmission blew up and broke so they'd have to replace the entire transmission to fix it. I do trust these guys that looked at it, they fixed a big transmission leak a couple months ago and warned us that it might have more problems because it was entirely out of transmission fluid for who knows how long. Apparently it was long enough to lead to this current problem. Ugh.

At least the weather's nice right now - nice enough for Jonathan to ride his bike to work if he absolutely has to. My mom's in Italy right now (lucky) but I'm sure she wouldn't mind too much if she had to come to our place to watch Gwen on the two weekends this month when we need her.

What all this means: I'm not as super stressed as I was last night. Thanks to all who have given advice and called me. You've really helped me out.

Anyway . . .

This post it about what fun things I have planned for this weekend. Nothing much! Our condo's pool opens up so I'm planning on taking Gwen swimming for the first time ever. I hope to do some grocery shopping as well. Jonathan's out of school on Monday so we might go visit some dead people and pay our respects. I don't know though because it will be hard to keep Gwen from crawling all over the cemetary and I don't think people would appreciate her eating their flowers. Jonathan does have to work all weekend and since he'll have the one and only car now I'll be housebound with the baby and the dog from 3-11 on all three days. I can think of worse things. At least I should be able to catch up on all the sleep I've missed these last two days. Oh, and watch hours of West Wing and Brisco County Jr.

1 comment:

Turbo said...

Glad you figured things out. As for relaxing, sounds like a good plan. Instead of visiting dead people I think I'll further explore that mini forest I posted pictures of previously. That and do an X-files marathon since they just arrived in the mail. Have a glorious weekend.