Sunday, May 13, 2007

My First Mother's Day

Today was my first real Mother's Day. Unfortunately, it wasn't very eventful considering that I had worked a graveyard the night before until 7:30 am and then was on-call for night. Being on call means that I have to be ready to go into work if they need me within an hour of getting their phone call. Well, since I'd worked the night before I knew that my chances of getting called in were excellent.

Anywho . . . I got home from work and Jonathan and Gwen met me at the door wishing me a Happy Mother's Day. I opened my presents: two Big Dog t-shirts and a DVD of Avatar:the Last Airbender. Then we all got ready for church. We actually got to church early for the first time in forever. The pew we sat on was surrounded by little kids. Gwen was in heaven - she loves kids. After Sacrament Meeting we all went home and took a nap together. When Gwen woke up a couple hours later, Jonathan took her downstairs and kept her quiet so I could get more sleep. At 2:00 we sent Jonathan off to work and Gwen and I settled down for another nap. All in all, I got about 4.5 hours of sleep which is good for me these days. After getting up we packed up and went over to Mom's for dinner. That's when I got the call that they were going to need me at work. Like I said, no real surprise there. I had to eat quickly and leave my little girl and the family fun to come take care of an incontinent, crazy old man. That was my day.

At least I'm getting paid time and a half plus a $16 bonus for having to work tonight. No one else here is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so great. Except the lack of sleep bit.